Friday, May 29, 2009


They are laughing at me, those mice. I set them free and they must run back in. I feed them Rice Chex slathered in peanut butter as bait inside the plastic mouse boxes that I capture them in and they look healthy, doggone it. I overcame my fear of mice, but in doing so I appear to have a mouse infested house. Soon they will cover the walls and the furniture and the house will smell like mouse pee and feces.
Yesterday a customer at the diner yelled out, "Your ceiling is peeing!" And sure enough there was water dripping, so I dashed for a clean wash tub to catch the drippage. The ceiling was peeing indeed.
Then on to the school where youngest son was about to perform in the big gym with his rock band for the annual Art Festival. Something was wrong with the speakers, but they adjusted them. There were other things going on in the gym. They started to play and everyone seemed into it, especially band mama, me...people clapped, but then a voice boomed from the other side of the gym, "Turn it down!" Ugh.

Ugliness comes in many forms...but then you forget about it when you look out the window and see Hume in Bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment